1. High-Pressure Hydrogen Sulfide from First Principles: A Strongly Anharmonic Phonon-Mediated Superconductor. Authors: Ion Errea, Matteo Calandra, Chris J. Pickard, Joseph Nelson, Richard J. Needs, Yinwei Li, Hanyu Liu, Yunwei Zhang, Yanming Ma and Francesco Mauri. Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 157004 (2015) 2. Perspective: Role of Structure Prediction in Materials Discovery and Design. Authors: Richard […]
- Supermassive black hole was ejected by gravitational waves March 24, 2017Collision sent billion-Sun-sized object speeding away from galactic core
- Flash Physics: Laser wakefield delivers three beams, cat-litter nanosheets, Canada budget disappoints physicists March 24, 2017Today's selection of need-to-know updates from the world of physics
- International Workshop on Improving Data Quality in XAFS Spectroscopy March 24, 2017Workshop: 14 Aug 2017 - 15 Aug 2017, Diamond Light Source (Harwell Science and Innovation Campus), Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
- Molecular motors drive liquid through large channels March 23, 2017Surprising result not expected to occur on macroscopic scales
- Supermassive black hole was ejected by gravitational waves March 24, 2017